NZOPA Newsletter August 2011
Welcome to the NZOPA Newsletter. In this edition we have:
- Information on Accreditation requirements for the 2011 – 2012 year.
- Accreditation Certificates
- Upcoming Training Day Set for November
- Training and Workshop Survey
- Job Vacancies
- 2012 AGM and Conference
Accreditation for the 2011 – 2012 Year
The BOC have set the criteria for accreditation for the 2011 and 2012 year and it is the same or very similar to last year.
- Members must have:
- Completed 6 case studies between 1April 2011 and 31 March 2012. Completion must happen between these dates and will not be extended.
- attended of one NZOPA course e.g.
- 2011 – 2012 AGM/Conference Day
- one of the NZOPA run training days (first being offered in November, and second tentative date being looked at is February 2012.
- People who have not attended one accredited course, or AGM will not be accredited for that year, even though they have supplied necessary number of case studies – They may however!!! - .
- Alternatively with prior approval of the BOC complete an extra 6 case studies within the period 1 April 2011 – 31 March 2012. If this alternative option is going to be taken the member must give the BOC 3 months warning before end of year. They should also be aware that case study content will be automatically audited.
If members have any questions about accreditation requirements please direct them to our Board of Cert Members:
- Mark Leonida
- Hiren Champenari
- Charl Botha
As you may be aware there has been a little confusion over accreditation this year with the extension of the date and ensuring all members have met the accreditation criteria. The admin team are almost finished the process of triple checking all members in terms of the case studies submitted (and dates), attendance of courses, and payment of subs. This should be finished by the 8th of August. Then we will be printing out all Accreditation certificates for all accredited members, and membership certificates to ensure all members have what they are supposed to have.
We have implemented a new recording system for case studies, and the other requirements for accreditation that will easily provide a member by member accreditation history.
All certificates should be posted to members by the 20th of August.
Training Day – November 2011
The first NZOPA training day for the year has been set for:
11th of November 2011.
Time: 09:00am - 12:30pm
Venue: Level 2, Mater Potter Building, 41 Annerley Road, South Brisbane
Topic: Gait Analysis presented by an orthopedic surgeon and physiotherapist
More detail and registration information will be available in the next month.
Training Day Survey
In order to ensure our training days and workshops are as useful and relevant as possible we are asking members to fill out a survey that will provide valuable information for the Executive team and education officer in arranging future training days.
The survey will take just a few minutes of your time and can be filled out online by clicking on this link.
You can also download a word version and post or email it back to us here
ROTORUA, NEW ZEALAND
QE Health (formerly Queen Elizabeth Hospital), on the shores of Lake Rotorua,
is a centre of excellence for rheumatology, rehabilitation and surgical services.
Rotorua is a vibrant tourist city in the centre of the North Island, close to mountains, forests,
lakes and beaches, offering a wide variety of outdoor activities to its residents.
We require a full time Orthotist to work in our busy Orthotics department.
Duties include biomechanical orthotic assessments, negative casting and
fabrication of most upper/lower limb orthoses.
All enquires to
Telephone (07) 348 0189 Extn 0
Email : email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday 24 August 2011
NZOPA AGM and Conference 2012
After much deliberation, we are currently looking at MAY 2012 for the next AGM and Conference Day and the venue will be located in Wellington.
More detail will be available in the next newsletter.